Thursday, December 30

Christmas in Canada

We traveled Christmas Eve day to Jerry's family in Ontario to celebrate Christmas.  We were there until Tuesday, and every day was a party which of course is standard in that country (at least according to my kids!)  Marcy and Vince (sister and bro-in-law) had an ice rink in their yard which was like no other I've ever seen.  Unfortunately cold and windy temps kept the kids from skating too long.  Jerry played Santa again this year, although the number of kids he's fooling is dwindling fast.  We ate, visited, and ate some more.  Our trip culminated with a visit to Simcoe to see the Christmas lights and then to Tante Alice's for fresh oliebollen.  Jerry and I both commented that we ate 5....too many. Yumola! It was a wonderful visit with a family that is a true blessing.


 Ben loved playing hockey.  Skating...not so much.


 The girls took turns pulling each other in the sled.  I couldn't convince them to give me a turn though.


 Julianna = cutest hockey player ever


 It's not too hard to figure out that these two are father/son!


 Yes, I like Beyblades, but I've heard "1-2-3...Let 'er rip!!" about 100 times too many.


 Lisa, Mom, and Tante Alice looking at the album Kim made as a gift to Jerry's parents.


 The boys table + Claire


The girls table....a lot of giggling going on here!


 Santa, grandma, and 11 eager children!

 The lovely ladies


Two adorable princesses


Claire and Erin helped grandma make cupcakes


 At the Simcoe lights.  Cold but fun!


 Makie oliebollen at Tante Alice's.  MmmmMmmmm!


Cousins enjoying a visit over an oliebollen. 


No comments: