Saturday, June 2

The Weekend








Here's a look at our weekend in photos:

You could smell the relief in the air as the Goodwill truck rolled away after our neighborhood garage sale this weekend. I did very well, but wound up buying my neighbor's barely used bike on a whim which definitely cut into my profits. The best part about the garage sale was Goodwill coming 1 hour after we closed on Saturday. The worst part of the garage sale was all the CHEAP people who argue over a quarter. I could tell you a few stories........



Jerry's parents came up for the weekend to help with the garage sale and to celebrate the kids' birthdays which are in the next few weeks. For Claire's 6th birthday, grandma took her to the bank and opened an account for her with her first deposit. Claire was very proud! We've been trying to instill in her the importance of saving and giving and how to spend money wisely, but it will always be an ongoing process. Hmmm, was my spontaneous bicycle purchase such a good idea?












Can you see the smirk through this pacifier?! Ben got a John Deere tractor for his birthday and could not have been more pleased. Before we got it out of the box he was making tractor noises.










Here's a picture of grandma's yummy birthday cake she made for the kids.



No picture here, but Erin got a plasma car from them for her birthday. It's so fun! Was it bad that when all the kids were taking turns with it that I insisted on having a turn too?!

And finally, I'm still learning to use my camera so I tried taking some pictures off of our deck this evening. The thunderstorms had passed, and the temperature could best be summed up as "perfect".







2 comments:

Brenda said...

So you'll be biking fool now!! SWEET!!

Anonymous said...

where is Erin's picture?!? that riding thing looks cool!