Saturday, April 7

Riding the Bunny Train!






This Easter weekend has been unlike any I have experienced before. Jerry took Ben and Erin to Canada to visit his family while I stayed home with Claire. After getting her tonsils out, she is not supposed to travel for a couple of weeks. Although she is "on the mend" and getting better every day, her energy level is pretty low and she gets tired pretty easily. I had envisioned us shopping for hours on Friday, when in fact it turned out to be about 1/2 hour of walking through the mall with her wanting to be carried and then getting a pretzel and going home. I think she is still having a good time, and I know she is definitely enjoying having mommy all to herself. Today my parents treated us to lunch and then surprised us with a trip to Coopersville to ride the Bunny Train. The train is actually made up of several old 1950's railroad cars. The train travels to Marne and back during which time you are entertained by the Easter bunny and her friends. Thanks mom and dad for the fun afternoon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie pie!!!

Bradi said...

Oh I heard about that train! it looks really cute. Would that be something a two or three year old would like? Looks like lots of fun. =)

Anonymous said...

The bunny train was fun, but maybe about 20 minutes too long. You can bring your own snacks which was a bonus, and I would recommend bringing a few small toys to entertain during the lull.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Well glad to see you had fun...we got to enjoy your other two kids this weekend! Erin is such a sweetheart. She had lots of fun with Justin. I had to laugh, Justin kept calling Ben, baby Ben and he's almost as tall as him. I told him I think it's time to drop the baby... he's just growing up so fast. Anyhow the egg hunt was a success even though it was indoors, and we died easter eggs and ate alot of chocolate etc. It was a good time!

Anonymous said...

oh that was dyed eggs not died... ya know what I meant.