Wednesday, February 21

One Sick Kid = The Longest Day Ever!!

This has always been Erin's favorite sleeping position even as a baby as you can see by the picture where she is 8 days old.

Yesterday Erin was playing and running around having fun so I went upstairs to do a load of wash, came down, and saw her asleep on the couch which struck me as odd. I took her temperature and it was 103....yikes! I gave her Motrin to try to keep the fever down, but today it was still up there (combined with a couple episodes of the throw-ups) so we went to see the doctor. My mom took Claire out for some fun which made it easier for me and a lot more fun for Claire. The doctor looked in her throat and said she has a very enlarged tonsil and lymph node so he prescribed an antibiotic. If any of you have given your kids Augmentin you probably know that it's not popular for the taste! It tastes horrible even with the added flavoring, so if you know any tips as to how to get a 3 year old to drink something that tastes like pureed paper, let me know. Upon leaving the doctor Erin refused to walk or get up from the bench that she was examined on so the doctor carried her out to the car for me (I also had Ben). It is now 2:30, and I just got back from the video store and rented a My Little Pony video and 101 Dalmations, and we're calling it a movie night.....make that a movie afternoon and night. Through it all though Erin was such a sweetie. She wanted to put jammies on when we got home and requested her yellow flower pj's b/c quoting her, "I like flowers and butterflies and all pretty things, but I like race cars too."

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Poor Erin :( Sounds like have a pretty fabulous doctor though!

Anonymous said...

My little baby... I'll be home in 18 hours to give her a big hug and warm lap to nap on!

Daddy

Bradi said...

Oh pumpkin...there's nothing like cozy jammies and fun movies...sick or not!
Hope she feels better soon! Hang in there mom.