Thursday, May 17

D is for Donuts

 Mr. D and his delicious donuts

 Ben and his best buddies:  Mr. C for cotton candy and Mr. M with a munchy mouth



A highlight of the year for the kindergarteners is the Letter People Parade.  This year was bittersweet for me considering my third and youngest is now finishing up kindergarten!  Ben was Mr. D and carried a tray of delicious donuts.  I borrowed the hat and sign but made the tray of donuts.  I figured it should be sturdy so that if Ben tipped the tray the donuts wouldn't fall off.  I ended up glueing the donuts down and then spraying them with a shellac.  When it was all done the tray with donuts weighed A LOT and was almost too heavy for him.  Luckily, there was a teacher who was able to give him the tray at the last second before he went on stage.  Hooray for the letter people!

No comments: