Tuesday, June 14

8 is great!

Friends for a birthday party at GR Gymnastics.  I don't think Jacqueline was as happy about the pyramid as the rest of the girls.

 I always have to do a crazy face pose with Erin and her friends because that is just so her.

 Celebrating with Grandma and Grandpa VL

 Erin and I had a date on her birthday, and we went to Rip Me Off Workshop Build a Bear Workshop.  She made a brown bunny who she appropriately named Brownie.  Brownie and Erin rode the brown bunny on the carousel at the mall two times. 

Erin's newly pierced ears

Happy birthday to my Erin Grace who turned 8 on June 11.  We've had several weeks of celebrations for her all of which culminated yesterday by going to the mall and getting her ears pierced.  Erin is definitely my child who marches to a different beat.  I think I've figured it out that she must have some of the Van Laar artsy/eccentric side which comes from my dad's family.  Erin is very artistic, loves to play by herself, and is pretty much always in a good mood.  She's an animal lover, Band-Aid addict, girly girl, exceptional problem solver, baked bean lover.   Recently, Erin told me that she wanted to be a veterinarian or an artist when she grows up.  When I asked her what her husband's job would be she said, "Hmmm, maybe a doctor, or a carpenter that way he can build the house we live in."  Now that's a practical answer.  Not what I expected from her, but that is one of the things I love about Erin...she always keeps us guessing and is often full of surprises. 

No comments: