Monday, January 5

Creation Station Kickoff

This is on the landing of the stairs going down into the preschool.
A view of the art center and sensory table, circle time area, and craft/snack table.

Circle time area: We do calendar and weather daily. The papers on the bottom of the wall are from a "graphing" activity that we did today.


View of the various centers: Train center, Kitchen area, dress up, doll house, legos.

My sweet Benjamin in the reading corner. Hopefully no one will want to look at his Baby Einstein book unless they want a serious consequence Benjamin-style. On second thought, I better tuck that book away.


Today was my first day with students in my preschool. I started this morning with 5 little boys ranging in age from 2 1/2 to almost 4 which is a huge difference when they're that little. All very sweet and all the tears lasted no more than 5 seconds which was a relief! One little boy has an obsession with furnaces so I would often catch him standing with his ear to our furnace room door. He'd always tell me when our "heater" came on. Hilarious! I definitely overplanned and accomplished about 1/2 of what I had hoped. There will be a few things I will change about how I structure the centers, etc. The rice sensory table was a huge hit. I think it will be a love/hate center for me! Tomorrow I will have five new students and Thursday will be a mixture of students from Monday and Tuesday. Ben and Erin will be home on those days as well. I think Erin will be a help, and I'm hoping Ben doesn't become too territorial.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pre-school looks amazing! I wish I had one that age to send to you. Good luck with this new venture!

Kim said...

Looks awesome!! I can't wait to hear about how it goes with Ben & Erin there too.... :) Enjoy your week.
Kim

elgersmaelement said...

Glad your first day went well! (I thought you were starting this week.) Your set up looks great! Sleep well tonight. :)
Kristin

Anonymous said...

its beautiful Lynn ...... is 45 too old to sign up ? Sylvia

Lynn said...

If you're potty trained I'll take you!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I love it!!
Where did you get the big table and chairs?
Jen

Lynn said...

I got the table and chairs at the store Ditto in Holland, MI. It's a second hand store that supports the Holland Chr. Schools. I sanded it down and painted everything.