Jerry and I have no children in a crib for the first time in 7+ years! Last night Ben slept in a big boy bed for the first time! I don't know if you can actually call it a big boy bed because technically it's really a toddler bed and uses his crib mattress. Ben, however, thinks it's the bomb. I haven't been able to decide what type of furniture I want to get for his room. I was hoping to get a loft type bed considering his room is rather small, but I wasn't comfortable with him sleeping up so high at the tender age of 3. So when I saw this little toddler bed on craigslist for twenty bucks I figured he could use that for a good year or two. I think Claire had the most fun setting up his bed complete with new Spiderman blanket. She was concerned that his pacifiers would get his new blanket wet so she set up a little nightstand by turning over one of his book bins. She used a bowl which she taped to the nightstand so it wouldn't move around and stuck his pacifiers in it. You can just see it in the picture. When it was bedtime Jerry told Ben that he couldn't get out of bed or he would get a spanking. He was awake for a good hour before falling asleep. We know because he started playing with the tape on his pacifier bowl. Crinkle, crinkle. He didn't get out of bed though! Hooray! And....bonus....he's taking a nap right now! Now, based on the picture and the mention of the "p" word several times in this post can you guess the next hurdle we need to cross?
3 comments:
your next hurdle should be submitting that ratty thing you call a blanket...to the CDC!! Icky!!
Good boy Benjamin! Looks like he and Emma are on the same path. She is also in a big girl bed, potty trained, but loves her PACIFIER TO DEATH.
'No Comment' on the "P" as I am the first to admit that Sydney will probably have her "Dee" with her when she starts kindergarten. J/K.
Cute bed and cute story! The big sisters really sound like they are concerned for their little brother...that's cute!
wow 7 years and no more cribs...that day will never come here I'm afraid. I'm not prepared to deal with the likes of Drew in a big bed so therefore he will stay in a crib forever!
congrats
Post a Comment