Tuesday, May 27

Gearing up for summer

A friend of mine has been using this job system with her kids and says it has worked wonders. So we're going to try it. The girls are pumped. They decorated paint sticks with their names. Then I wrote various jobs on clothes pins. Each day the girls will have jobs clipped to their paint stick. As they complete their jobs throughout the day they drop the clothespins into a jar. At the end of the day the paint stick must be clear, and then they can earn a sticker on a chart or something else. My friend said that she hasn't done any sort of reward system because her kids have been motivated to just get their sticks clear. They will have jobs like brush teeth, make bed, put away pajamas each day. The other jobs will vary from day to day. These jobs will include set table, clear table, pick up room, match socks (if you read my blog you know I have a problem with this), empty trash bins.....They will probably have 1-3 other jobs each day.



I LOVE summer, but dirty feet is one thing that drives me crazy about the season. Even running around in Crocs is pretty much the same as going bare feet the way the dust and dirt seep into those holes. I can understand why my kids don't want to wear shoes. You either love or hate the feeling of grass between the toes. Apparantly my kids love it.



And here is one thing I LOVE about summer: s'mores! Mmmmm! We had lots this past weekend.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I need to make MYSELF a chore stick...

Also, I'd like some ooey-gooey smores at your house. Let's set a date.

Anonymous said...

Okay, that is the best idea for a job chart. I am going to get the stuff today so I am ready when school ends. Are you hanging their sticks in their rooms or where are you putting them?? Thanks so much!
Jen

elgersmaelement said...

Aw, come on, Lynn dirty feet? Live a little! Summer only comes for like 2 months around here anyway!!Fun pictures!
Kristin

Kim said...

okay those MUST be Erin's feet..... she is such a funny girl!! The boys have had feet like that almost every day this week!! Mason says "dirty feet don't rub off onto the bed sheets so I don't need a bath, just make sure my teeth and hands are clean Mom!"
Enjoy the great weather, soon your kids will be home for summer??? goes fast eh!!