Saturday, April 19

Nothing Much








I haven't had a whole lot to write about lately, and I guess I haven't felt that inspired either. We've had another round of strep throat go through our house. The doctor expressed that he thought Ben might be a carrier of the strep bacteria because he tested positive but showed few to any symptoms. That could also explain why I have gotten strep four times in the last year. However, when I took him in last week after his antibiotic was complete he tested negative. I'm going to take him back next month and check again. I've started to make plans for Kindergarten for Erin next year. She visited her potential classroom this past week and next week she will be tested to determine if she's ready. I'm 90% sure she will go. However, her school tests all kids with a June 1 birthday or later and then makes a recommendation. I have learned from past experience that even though they say this will be thirty minutes or less and that you can bring siblings that neither are true. I'm sure we will wait 30 minutes before being called back for 45 minutes of testing and having a 2 year old such as Ben around office equipment is never a good idea. I'm not too stressed about the testing considering Erin already did it once. When Claire had to be tested 2 years ago Erin went with her because Claire refused to go back by herself. The teacher emerged from the room 20 minutes later and told me that Claire refused to do any of it, but Erin (not quite 3 at the time) did it all and seemed pretty ready for Kindergarten. Hilarious!

Jerry's been gone quite a bit, but it makes a huge difference with the weather being so nice! We spent a lot of time outside this weekend. I've been finding it quite humorous that the only "shoes" Ben will wear are his camo rain boots. I took some pics of him enjoying playing bubbles with Claire and also enjoying his lemonade from his Tim Horton's "sippy cup". The sippy cup monster has come again and taken all my sippy cups so I am now resorting to having my child drink out of a Tim Horton's coffee mug. And of course once Ben had one the other two insisted on the same. Good thing Jerry's dad stocked us up on those!

4 comments:

Bradi said...

Love the camo-boots, we went thru a similar phase with bug-boots last spring.
=)
Sorry to hear so much sickness is happening around your parts...!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so when Rob's doctor said he may be a carrier I had never heard of that and sort of thought he had a crazy doctor...Rob's had strep 7 times in the last 1 1/2...so he'll be glad to hear the theory. Of course he's never gone back to the doctor to get tested...his doctor actually gave him some repeats on his antibiotics so that he can just get the script filled if he feels strep throat is coming again...said when you've had it that much!
I love the Tim's cup I had thought that was what it was...I tell you the sippy cup monster has stollen my bottoms, I seem to have more lids?!? then cups! I don't get it-and I don't have a dishwasher!
Anyhow I hear you on the nice weather! WE've done nothing but be outside.
Drew's still waking up 5:30-5:45 so often I'm exhausted in the afternoons...I can't wait for him to settle into his new room!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so when Rob's doctor said he may be a carrier I had never heard of that and sort of thought he had a crazy doctor...Rob's had strep 7 times in the last 1 1/2...so he'll be glad to hear the theory. Of course he's never gone back to the doctor to get tested...his doctor actually gave him some repeats on his antibiotics so that he can just get the script filled if he feels strep throat is coming again...said when you've had it that much!
I love the Tim's cup I had thought that was what it was...I tell you the sippy cup monster has stollen my bottoms, I seem to have more lids?!? then cups! I don't get it-and I don't have a dishwasher!
Anyhow I hear you on the nice weather! WE've done nothing but be outside.
Drew's still waking up 5:30-5:45 so often I'm exhausted in the afternoons...I can't wait for him to settle into his new room!

Kim said...

Love the new look, I've always admired Brenda's too! You'll have to teach me, I can't seem to find the time to figure it out!