Monday, March 24

Easter

Neighborhood gang getting ready to hunt for eggs
Claire and her friend Megan tromp through the snow in search of a golden egg

Claire admires her stash of eggs


Claire, Ben, and Erin on Easter morning (it was about 33 degrees)

Grandma and Grandpa Sytsma with the kids


And she's off! Erin rides for the 1st time without training wheels!


I'm proud of myself!

"Cinderella, dressed in yellow, went upstairs....." Do you remember that jumprope chant?


What a great weekend! Jerry's parents came in Thursday afternoon and just left this morning so we had a terrific long weekend together. Saturday morning, after getting dumped on with snow, we headed over to our neighbors for the 1st of hopefully many neighborhood Easter egg hunts. It was really only 4 families, but still a lot of fun for the kids. Saturday night my niece Lauren came over to babysit, and we went out to dinner to Charlie's Crab without the kids...yum! Jerry was able to use some gift certificates that expired last year, but our waiter never noticed so that was a bonus! It was really nice to be able to sit and talk! Sunday of course was Easter and after a wonderful church service my parents also came over, and we all had dinner together. Although it was still quite chilly we headed outside in the afternoon, and Jerry decided to take Erin's training wheels off of her bike. It didn't take much practice, and she was off! Although she still needs help getting started, she can now stop by herself without falling over! Hooray! She was so proud of herself! I did some jumproping to try to burn off all the chocolate, cookies, and pie I ate over the weekend, but I doubt it made much of a dent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bet there wont be many pictures of easter with that much snow on the ground, I'm sure that added to the egg hunt!
and can I say when it's that cold take the pic's inside...that's just cruelty although they look pretty cute in there easter outfits!

Kim said...

Cute pictures!! My fav is the one of you skipping. It makes me smile every time I see it (here or on facebook :) It's the classis consentration look on your face, I LOVE it!! Glad you guys had fun with M&D they had tons of fun too!!