We celebrated Thanksgiving this year with my parents and Jerry's parents which made it so fun for our kids to have both sets of grandparents there. This year for Thanksgiving I tackled my first turkey ever! I researched online how to cook it, asked a bunch of friends and finally decided to cook it the night before. I was very thankful that Jerry's mom was here so I could ask her about a million times, "so now, what would you do next?" I didn't realize, however, that it would take quite so long. Jerry and I had to set the alarm, and we were up at 1:30 am Thanksgiving morning carving the 22 pound turkey. Yes, we have leftovers! The next morning, also known as Black Friday to those holiday shoppers, Jerry's mom and I got up at 3:45 am to hit the stores. Kohl's opened at 4 am and by the time we were ready to check out just before 5 the line was so long we left without buying anything. I had to laugh at the number of times Jerry's mom and I commented about all the crazy people out shopping so early, knowing full well that we were among that group. The morning got better, and we were home just before 10 with some pretty good deals. I was thankful I got a nap in later that day!
As you can see from my "antibiotic pyramid" our household has been under the weather with three kids and myself with strep throat. We are all on the mend and even though sickness like that can be discouraging, I am so thankful for all around healthy kids. I feel so blessed! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
4 comments:
I was at Meijer Thanksgiving morning for a TV at 2:15am. I wasn't able to purchase it until 6:00am. I met some nice people but I am for sure one of the crazy people!!
Jen
We sure did enjoy spending time with you all and in spite of the illness everyone was up for a good time!
Love Mom
We sure did enjoy spending time with you all and in spite of the illness everyone was up for a good time!
Love Mom
the kids look pale and sickly but still are happy-that's nice.
oh and saw the barn Claire made. She's so creative!
Also Justin loved the package she put together!!!!
Post a Comment