Halloween was cold and wet this year, but the kids still loved it. Erin at the last minute decided to switch from a caterpillar to a snow princess. Claire had decided early on that she wanted to be a cheerleader, and she was perfectly happy wearing the felt/velcro cheerleader costume I bought her two years ago. Ben was supposed to be a dragon. I had an adorable costume for him that roared when you squeezed the dragon's hand. He wouldn't get within five feet of it and decided that he would rather watch Baby Einstein than go trick-or-treating in the rain. Smart kid. I even tried putting his hockey jersey on, but he wanted nothing to do with going outside. Instead he ate Honey Nut Cheerios on the couch and got up every 15 seconds to answer the doorbell. We had probably around 200 kids. A lot of them were teenagers and 95% were very polite and friendly. We turned our light off at 8:15 to put the kids to bed and about 20 minutes later I heard the doorbell ring which we ignored. The next morning F$%k You was written with soap on my door. Lovely! The kids didn't see it so I didn't have to explain how some people are just mean and rude. Or as Erin would say, "They don't have Jesus in their heart do they mommy."
This is the "enemy" that is torturing me within my own home. You must be destroyed!
3 comments:
Oh my word! What is this world coming too? Ugh!
Horrible.
And I'm with you on the torturing enemy...we did not have as many kids as I thought we would this year and here I sit with 200 chocolate bars left. ARGH.
any CSI update??
Post a Comment