Monday, October 8

Great Weekend


We had an awesome weekend with Jerry's sister and brother-in-law and their kids, Jordan and Alex. They came in late on the Friday and stayed until Monday morning. If you had cousins growing up, do you remember how no matter what you did together it was so much fun?! Claire, Jordan and I even had to make a trip to the doctor and then the hospital, but the two of them still managed to have a good time with it. Claire needed an xray after the cough she developed earlier in the week just wouldn't go away. The shirt she had on had snaps so she needed to take it off for the x-ray. Jordan, being the sweet little guy that he is, offered to trade with Claire so she didn't have to wear the hospital gown that was made for an elephant. I never saw a little guy look so good in bright pink!! That brought out the giggles in both of them. The chest x-ray turned out negative, and fortunately Claire made progress as the weekend went on. We went on a hayride Saturday, and I don't want to complain about the heat because I love warm weather, but WOW was it HOT! The kids enjoyed playing with the hose for a good portion of the afternoon. Sunday I stayed home from church with Claire. Jerry had taken Erin and Jordan early for Sunday school, and after giving driving directions to Vince and Marcy, they headed off to church with Ben and Alex. They enjoyed the service, it just happened to be at another church. Yes, they wound up at the church NEXT to our church. They put the kids in nursery, talked to a few people who thought our names sounded familiar, and then sat through most of the service before realizing that "this just isn't quite right". Hilarious! My favorite line of the weekend was spoken by Erin to Marcy as Marcy put her to bed. She said, "You're my relative. I love you. " So true, so true!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

OH MY WORD...another church. That is downright hysterical! They get the prize for making me laugh out loud tonight!