Sunday, September 30

The Pumpkin Patch

The enchanted Pumpkin train. The girls were so excited to ride in the "Cinderella" pumpkin.

Erin immediately found her knobby, lopsided pumpkin and fell in love.

Getting ready to pick apples!
Hmmm, who's having more fun? Daddy or Ben?
Erin, Claire and Ben driving the mini pumpkin train.
On the wagon out to the apple orchard


This weekend we visited Klackle Orchard with the kids and had a fun filled day. If you haven't been out to Klackle I recommend going but do it during the week. It was really busy, and I'm sure it will only get busier throughout the season. The morning started a little rough because upon arriving there I realized that I forgot Ben's socks and shoes. Going barefoot through a pumpkin patch and apple orchard was not an option and luckily there was a Super Walmart 200 yards up the road. After dropping off Jerry and the kids I was back in 20 minutes with a new pair of socks and shoes. We were there for about 5 hours and still didn't do all the activities, but by 3 pm (and after a lunch of fried doughnuts and cider) Jerry and I knew that a meltdown of some sort was on the horizon. Ben and Erin both promptly fell asleep on the car ride home, and we let them sleep a little longer by stopping at Subway. Jerry ate in the car while Claire and I ate inside. We all had a great time. The kids loved the pumpkin train, picking apples off a tree, and the petting zoo. Jerry and I loved the doughnuts!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Our family had a blast at Klackle last year and I remember feeling vindicated somehow after eating pieces of 4 to 5 different doughnuts...that it was o.k. because it was fall, and we were at an orchard. Go figure.