Monday, December 29

Christmas

Hey, Santa and Uncle Jerry have the same socks! (Spoken by Mason)Santa with the littlest, but chunkiest, member of our family.
Erin in her new Snow White costume
Julianna, all tuckered out, and big brother Reuben

Loving cousins Justin and Erin

Lisa and Drew. All that playing can make you hot!

Jordan, Reuben, and Justin admiring Reuben's new magic show kit.

Grandma and Benjamin

Christmas Eve at Grandma and Grandpa's house

Claire and Erin outside on one of the only weather permitting days
Did we seriously think they could go outside and not get wet?
Alex, Erin, and Julianna


I've always enjoyed reading those Christmas letters that people write with a number associated with each event, so I thought I'd try to be witty and do one of those to describe our Christmas celebrations over the last week.

5: Hours it should take us to drive to Canada to visit Jerry's family.
7: Hours it actually took last week Tuesday in horrible weather.
11: Cousins under the age of 8 who had a riot playing together. Chaos at its best!
21: Number of all of us together. It's hard to remember those years it was just 10!
12: Amount of times Claire, Erin, Reuben, and Mason were told to not go in the puddles when they went to play outside.
0: Kids who came in dry.
40: Number of oliebollen that Jerry's mom made on Sunday night.
57: Seconds it took for all of us to devour it.
2: Kids who were terrified of Santa (Jerry). Alex and Mason were both traumatized.
4: Kids who know that Santa is really Jerry.
49.5: Claire's weight last Tuesday and today. I challenged her to eat like a cow throughout the week to see if she could hit 50, and I thought she would make it. The girl can really put it down! Of course, she burns it all off about as fast as she can eat...Oh, if only I had that problem.
169: Jerry's dad's winning score in shuffleboard, although the rest of us weren't too far behind. We had so much fun playing this game!
2: Movies in the theater I went to last week. I give the Tale of Desperaux 4 out of 5 stars, and I give 7 Pounds 2 out of 5 stars. I may have liked it more if I knew what was going on the first 45 minutes.
5: Games Jerry's mom and I won to become champions against the guys in Sequence. Another fun game!
8: The morning hour that all my kids slept into each day. Hallelujah!
4: Questionable pictures taken by my husband and sister-in-laws with my camera when I left the room. Those might just show up on facebook someday. I do take bribes.
50: Number of Timbits I bought and my children consumed over the course of the week.
7: Goals scored by the Canadians against Slovakia (who scored 0) in the hockey game the guys attended.
120: Days until we all go to Myrtle Beach together...can't wait!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear J,L and kids

What a nice memory page Lynn It was good to see you all in person of course
Love tante Alice

Anonymous said...

good times good times,
of course you forgot this one:
10 adults who gained 10 pounds each after eating all mom's goodies!

Anonymous said...

what a beuatifull classromm Lynn wHERE DO i SIGN UP
lOVE TANTE aLICE