Wednesday, September 17

The End is Near

This is Ben's blankie that was given to him as a gift when he was born. I thought it was cute with the satin on one side and the velvet on the other. So I in many ways "forced" this blanket upon him. I always put it next to him when he was sleeping or in his car seat until one day I noticed he was attached to it. What was I thinking?! It has been well loved. Its baby blue color has turned to a dull dirty gray. I now have to wash it in a linen bag for fear that it won't return out of the washing machine. We've spent many frantic evenings before bedtime in search of this blankie, only to find it behind the curtains, under the computer table, or even in the basket of his bike. So this post is to honor this old friend whom I'm afraid the end is drawing near....

3 comments:

Kim said...

wow, it's in rough shape!!! Did you know that Mason retired his blankie? He's pretty proud of the fact. He would only let it go if I promised not to throw it in the garbage..... so I 'hid' it from him and he's never looked back. He likes to 'brag' about the fact that he can sleep, get through pain and fear without his trusty blankie....... but it does mean they are growing up, I like'd to keep them babies for a little longer!

Anonymous said...

judging by the pic I think the end has come. teehee

Anonymous said...

i have never seen a blankie so well loved before...

veronica