Sunday, August 31

Labor Day Weekend

Labor Day is hands down without a doubt my most unfavorite holiday of the year. It beats out Sweetest Day, President's Day, Columbus Day and even New Years' Eve if you want to call that a holiday. Growing up it signified the end of summer, the end of sleeping in, the end of trips out to the beach. Growing up my friend Sara lived on a lake. Every Labor Day they would take in their dock and put the boat into storage. It didn't matter if the weather predications called for 90 degree temperatures into September, summer was officially shut down. As a teacher Labor Day always filled me with that nervous excitment of going back to work and hoping my class was a good one for the year. Now that I have kids it's some of that same nervous excitement for the school year and what lies ahead. And what does lie ahead? I'm working on a new venture that I'll be posting about in the next couple of weeks so stay tuned. In the meantime, here are some photos of the past week and this weekend. I won't be posting any photos of actual Labor Day because that is going to include washing windows and sanding and painting a couple of tables....right Jerry?!The girls played "Christmas" and set up our dining room as their house. They even had a little kitchen as you can see in the background. It took them about an hour to pick it all up.

Aunt Myrtle is here for a few weeks!


Ben and Claire doing "homework". Claire kept up on her math facts and reading skills by doing about 15 minutes a day.

This was last weekend...We went out to our friends' cottage. Chris' mom was there and gave the kids ice cream sandwiches about 20 minutes before dinner. Only a grandma would do that!


Fun at Chris and Jodi's cottage on Lake Michigan

We visited Jerry at work on Friday and brought a picnic lunch

In the warehouse at daddy's work hoping to see a forklift in action!

Out on Grandpa's boat on a beautiful Saturday!

At the dock...This was pre-boat ride and just before Erin's Dramamine kicked in which resulted in an hour nap in the cuddy cabin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lynn,
I always get a kick out of your blog writing! I'm with you-I hate think about the "end" of summer! Blessings on the beginning of school. I'm looking forward to some peace around the house and catching up on some things (maybe)! Enjoy your weekend!
Kristin