
So I'm in the market for some new makeup and skincare products. Just ready for a change. A few weeks ago I went to the mall and had a makeover at the Bobbi Brown counter. I've read a little bit of her book and have heard good things about her product. I was a little worried when I saw the girl who was going to be doing my makeup b/c she did not have "natural-looking" makeup. Rather, her eyes looked somewhere in the category of Tammy Faye and just not what I would want for myself. I was pleased with some of the products she used on me, however, and bought a few things which I like. Then last week I went to the Skin Renewal Center which is by Dermotology Associates. They offer free skin assessments so I figured it was worth trying out considering I have never liked my dermotologist. That is a whole blog in itself. My dermotologist talks to me with her eyes completely shut. Hello?! Anyway, the aesthetician girl who "assessed" my skin was very knowledgable. I had to put my face in a machine similar to one of those dental x-ray machines where you put your chin on something and then bite down. The computer then compared my skin to other women my age in the areas of texture, pores, blemishes, wrinkles, UV damage, and bacteria (whiteheads, blackheads). Based on my results the technician recommended a couple of products which of course I could conveniently buy right there. So I'm wondering if there are any products/makeup that any of you love and would recommend. I'm more willing to try something new when I hear a personal testimony from someone I know who has a used a product they love.
3 comments:
I'm still a grocery store make-up gal...lord knows you can tell!
Anyhow, I've heard great things about Bare Essentials from several people (http://www.bareescentuals.com/) and thought about breaking down and going to get a facial myself.
Maybe that should be our date night??
Lynn, I use the Bare Escentuals and I love it. Been using it for about a month and I love how my skin looks. Even Brad noticed and he prefers me with no make-up. You can get it at the "European Spa" store on the second floor of Rivertown (next to Auntie Annie's pretzels).
They'll do a consulation for you too so you can check it out first.
I love Bare Essentials as well. I get it from QVC and you can get it from Drugstore.com and they have free shipping.I also love philosophy moisturizer.It is the best!!! It is called Hope in a jar and I am telling you that I used it for a few weeks and my skin has looked better than is has in years.So to recap I am a philosophy and bare essential girl. Jen
Post a Comment