Sunday, July 1

Back from Hawaii


We got back early Saturday morning from Hawaii, and it feels good to be home. We had an awesome time. Favorite part of the trip: 1. Snorkeling with the sea turtles and 2. Exploring Maui in a convertible.....fun times! Least favorite part of the trip: 1. The plane ride from Oahu to Maui. I don't like prop planes or flunked out test pilots who think they're flying fighter jets. 2. The Maui Brush Fire...The brush fire left us trapped for a couple hours in another town. We were able to get back to the hotel by ferry, but over a dozen from our group had to spend the night in a hotel on the other side of the island because the roads were closed.

Of course the very best part of it all was coming home to our kids who I missed more than I thought I would! They had a great week with my niece Julia and our babysitter Elisabeth. Ben didn't last more than 1 minute in the nursery at church today though. I think he thought he was being deserted again!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Hey Lynn - This morning I was checking out your Hawaii slide show (& didn't have time to comment) and then you commented on my blog! So, now I must comment that Hawaii looks heavenly. And you are looking sassy in every picture.

Welcome back to reality ... although this weather is pretty heavenly too.

Bradi said...

Wow Lynn!
I just relived my honeymoon through you. Thanks!
What a glorious looking trip...highly deserved! Glad you had a great time