Claire born June 20, 2001 4:44 a.m. 7lbs 4 oz
Ben born June 20, 2005 at 5:31 a.m. 9lbs 4 oz.My big girl and my little guy both have birthdays today. Yes, for Claire's 4th birthday she got a little brother which was really fun at the time, but I have a feeling she won't so much like sharing her birthday as she gets older. We'll have to think of creative ways to make it fun for both of them in future years. Right now, Ben's birthday (considering he's only 2) gets a little neglected. As for me, I had a nauseous stomach and dull cramping all day yesterday, which is either a mind game I'm playing with myself, the flu, or most likely my body's way of deciding that it needs to go into labor every other year on June 19.
Claire and I went to Chicago a couple of weeks ago to celebrate her 6th birthday. She was very excited to get her American Girl. I had two favorite quotes from the weekend. The first one for obvious reasons was, "Mommy, I was really looking forward to this trip because it was just going to be me and you." Her second quote which almost had me buckled over in laughter in the streets of Chicago was, "Mommy, do all the brown people live here?" I guess you could say my daughter has been a little sheltered living in West Michigan!

This picture was taken yesterday on our front porch. I could kiss those cheeks 1000 times daily and never grow tired!
3 comments:
sounds like Claire needs to venture outside of Ada sometime...how about multi-cultural Byron Center!! LOL!!
Your kids are adorable, but I know you'll love them even more when you return from your CRAZY HAWAII trip!!
can hardly believe Claire is 6 and Ben he's 2 already... I still catch myself calling him baby Ben when I talk to Justin.... he's getting to be a big boy!
Happy Birthday guys!
Love auntie Lisa
Yeah, wasn't there an alleged spotting of a "brown" person in B.C. back in '95?
Post a Comment