Friday, May 18

Mr. B Has Beautiful Buttons




Today was the letter people parade at Claire's school. She was assigned to Mr. B and had to come up with a costume with the theme of beautiful buttons. Grandma Sytsma sewed a ton of buttons onto a t-shirt, and I painted the letter "B" on the front and back. Then Claire and I also made a button headband out of foam buttons. She wore her capri jeans with buttons on the legs and her crocs with the button jewels. Knowing how painfully shy Claire can be, I really wondered if she would say her part. Well, today was the day, and she did it!! In fact, she was first because the student who was Miss A was sick today! The commons area was filled with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade classes as well as parents and grandparents of the kindergarteners. Claire was the first to march on stage and proclaim into the microphone, "I'm Mr. B with beautiful buttons!" She then ran off the stage and giggled through the rest of the parade as her friends went on stage. You can see Claire in the class photo nestled in between Mr. H with horrible hair and Mr. C who eats cotton candy. It was a ton of fun to watch!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr B was by far the cutest letter in the alphabet. Nice work on the shirt Grandma!

Big Daddy